1. What information does the Company collect about you on this website and what does it do with the information?
Information You Provide Us
The Company collects personally-identifiable information that you provide on one of our many online forms. These forms include a rental order, sweepstakes registration, online specials or contact requests, and online surveys. The personally-identifiable information ("personal information" or "your information") collected on this website can include some or all of the following: your name, address, phone number, email address, birthday, social security number, income, employment information, references, and information regarding your product interests.
Information We Collect From Your Browser
In addition to the personal information identified above that you provide us, the Company automatically collects and records data from our servers and from your browser when you visit this website, including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested and the website through which you were linked to our site, if any.
Also, your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies," which stores small amounts of data, on your computer, about your visit to our site. Cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personal information. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit homechoicestores.com, however, some features of the site may not be available or work correctly without them. You may also elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.
In addition to cookies, we may use various other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixel tags, flash cookies, etc., in a variety of ways, including the following:
- keeping count of return visits to our site
- accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on website usage
- recording whether an email we sent was opened
- tracking your navigation through our website; and
- determining which features users like best.
We may also attempt to identify your geographic location (“geolocation”) in order to present you with relevant pricing in your area and the location of nearby Company stores, as well as to better understand our customer base. You may decline our website permission to geolocate your computer by setting certain options in your browser or by not entering your zip code to select a local store. Please note that if you enter into a lease obligation with us online we require that you provide address information in order for us to process your transaction.
Do Not Track
At this time, we do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals your browser may send to our website, but we do provide you the option to opt-out of interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific.
Other Website Analytics Services
We may use web beacons, pixel tags, .gif files, and the like, that allow for the collection of information about your interactions on our websites. These technologies may be used, for example, to place advertisements, to understand website traffic patterns and the number of visitors to our website, and to measure the effectiveness of advertisements or our website. Web beacons, and the like, also enable third-parties involved in advertising operations to recognize your browser as you navigate to other websites, and are necessary for the online delivery or placement of certain types of ads.
For example, we may use third-party analytics such as Google Analytics, and others listed below, which provide services that analyze information regarding visits to our website:
- To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
- To learn more about Crazy Egg’s privacy practices, click here. To opt-out of anonymous tracking and related analysis by Crazy Egg, click here.
- To opt-out of having your browser navigation and click history tracked through our website, click here.
- Google Ad features used from information collected on this website include:
- Doubleclick Campaign Manager integration with analytics
- Remarketing with analytics in Google Ads and DV360. To opt-out of Google’s use of ad personalization, click here
- Demographic, interests and segments reporting for Google Ads and DV360
- Digital service providers Bing, Casual IQ, DV360, EMX, Exponential, Facebook, Google/YouTube, Pandora, Verizon Media, Xandr may pass some or all info pertaining to these data types that is stored in Google Analytics
- To learn more about Facebook's privacy practices, click here. To opt-out of Facebook Ads based on website data received by Facebook Pixel, click here.
What Do We Do With The Information We Collect?
We use your personal information gathered on this website for a variety of purposes, including targeting specific customers for special offers. The data we collect is used to facilitate the processing of rental orders, process online payments, and to give us demographic information about our audience. We use this data to understand that audience and to improve our offerings to you, our customer. In addition, the personal information you provide allows us to inform you of additional special offers that may be forthcoming, send you coupons, or notify you of products and services of our affiliates that relate directly to your specific interests, hobbies or other information you have given.
2. With whom does the Company share the information?
The Company may share the personal information gathered on this website in limited circumstances. For example, the Company may release the information to third parties providing services on the Company's behalf, such as advertising and marketing the Company's products and services, processing online payment transactions, or to the third-party administrator of a club benefits program in which you have enrolled. The Company may disclose the information to third parties in connection with a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or when otherwise required by law. The Company may report to law-enforcement authorities conduct it believes may be unlawful, and may release to such authorities personal information relating to such suspected unlawful conduct. The Company may release some or all personal information if necessary to protect the Company's rights or property or to protect the safety of the Company's employees or others. Personal information may also be released to third parties in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, or similar event.
3. How do I correct or update my personal information?
You can correct or update information previously submitted to the Company by visiting your local Home Choice store and providing Home Choice with the updated information. In addition, you can choose not to receive further electronic communications from us. To do this, simply follow the URL provided at the end of each electronic communication you receive on our behalf and request the deactivation of your information from the Company's database.
4. How does the Company protect the security of my personal information?
The Company will use appropriate security measures to protect your information in a secure, controlled environment. The Company has made substantial investments in server, database, backup, and firewall technologies to protect the security and integrity of your information. In the event that a security breach does occur and your information is acquired by an unauthorized person, we will take appropriate steps to contain the breach and to notify you of the unauthorized acquisition.
5. Does the Company's website link to other websites?
7. How does the Company handle children's privacy online?
The Company's website is intended for a general audience. The Company does not knowingly collect personal information about children or enter into rental-purchase transactions with children. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, the Company does not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from, anyone under 13 years of age. If the Company is notified that it has inadvertently collected personal information from anyone under 13 years old, it will destroy such information. If you are under the age of 18, you must ask a parent or legal guardian to order merchandise from the Company.